Friday, August 18, 2017

Dream a Little Dream for Me

I address you all tonight for who you truly are: wizards, mermaids, travelers, adventurers, and magicians. You are the true dreamers. 
Brian Selznick, The Invention of Hugo Cabret 

Hi. My name is Tanya (pronunciation: rhymes with "can ya"). I am a wife, mother, grandmother, friend, artist, writer, cook, child of God, and lover of all things beautiful in nature, heart and soul. No home of straw, sticks, or even bricks for me - I live on a sailboat. I am writing this blog as my way of personally journaling my quest to become a mermaid. If you make your way here I hope you will find something helpful, interesting, or amusing in my mermaid tails.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Tanya, I'm so amazed by and happy for you! You are living out a dream many may have, but few realize. And I don't mean living on a sailboat, even though I'm sure there are plenty who fantasize about doing that.

    No, I mean finding a way to pour out all your prolific talents so that others benefit and you are fulfilled! (How IS it that some people are gifted with multiple talents as you are!) I look forward to reading your blog and pray that God blesses you with your "tale."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking time to take a look at my newest silliness! You give me way too much credit. But you're right, one of the things I enjoy most about by new life is getting to spend my free time on things of my own choosing - friends, family, and messing around with my creative side. It's been too hot and humid to get the paints out, but playing with blog tools and writing can be done in the AC, haha. Thanks for all the good wishes. Hope you guys can come see the boat sometime. God bless to you and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will make a great Mermaid. I mean you have a pretty face, lovely hair, extremely pleasant personality, and nice TaTa's. Not too sure you should hide those sexy legs! However a tail would come in handy when Cassaway needs a bottom cleaning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought about the bottom cleaning advantage :-) Those nasty barnacles better watch out. Just a few swipes with my tail and it's hasta la vista baby!

    ReplyDelete

09 10